Friday, May 15, 2009

Down

I just watched this video about God's chisle, and a part of the dialogue between God and the guy went:
Guy: "I have let you down so many times before, God. I don't want to let you down anymore."
God: "You never let me down because you were never holding me up."

I have never ever thought about it that way.
I also put it into context in my life. And I thought "If you don't allow other people to hold you up, you won't be let down." So many times in my life I have allowed other people to hold the pedastal I pulled myself up onto. So any time they messed up, I was let down. But if I would only just let God be the only One to hold me up, I would never be let down again.

And just because I struggle, which I always will, doesn't mean God is down because of me. He is never down. He doesn't function like us. If you are like me, you have this mentality that we are trying to get to a better place in our lives. And once we get there, we will let God down less. That's not gonna happen. I will always struggle with this imbalance that I battle every day. And often I will make the wrong decisions. God is not down when that happens. He is holding me up, which means I just crumble in His hand, not that He crumbles in mine.

No comments: