Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Homerun

I'm swinging bats
and breakin stats
right outta your league.
So stretch
and beat the fatigue
so you can hear
my footsteps
and see my face
when I run past
you on home base.

You've become a blur
I can hardly see
So you can keep
those material
unfulfilling fastasies
because I can no longer see
I'm picking up so much speed.

You better get smart
and catch a head start
The stadium's closing
due to the rain.
There are more concerns
than your personal pain;
Death from starvation
or overpopulation,
priests with bruising hands
and dark plans,
death toils
over oil,
mass shootings
because of the spirit looting
by the popular flock snooting
the different,
murderous chemicals
that are polluting
our earth,
people buckling
from media sucking
away the life
from the happy
and feeding the pockets
of people
who have sockets
where hearts once beat.

So get up and run now
we all have to run now
we have no choice
but to voice
our gifts
and quickly sift
out the weak
who refuse to run strong
from all of the places
where we have gone wrong.

So let the strong sift you out
or run hard and shout
to crack the darkness.
Either way this part is done
I have broken my cast
I've seen the sun
and I'm celebrating now
because I made a homerun.

No comments: